Saturday 9 August 2014

J. P. Davidson's "Planet Word"



‘Planet Word’ is one of the most delightful books I have ever read, and I cannot wait to see the documentary. I was surprised to have learned so much from it, having already read a handful of etymology books.

Though it is quite long, it is a surprisingly easy read due to being nicely segmented and worded. It was very hard to put down, but at the same time, I often closed my eyes in an attempt to digest everything. I have a feeling I have probably forgotten 40% by now, making it a brilliant contender for my next re-read.

It is on the expensive side, so if money is trouble (fellow students), put this one on reserve. It is definitely the sort of book that deserves a definite place on your bookshelf, however.


No comments:

Post a Comment